Terms and Conditions
Welcome to this web portal for ICF education. By using this www.icfeducation.org resource site, you indicate your agreement to the following terms and conditions:
Responsibilities of ICF education users and providers
Users of resources accessed through this portal should use them alongside the ICF. The education resources do not replace the ICF, but are intended to support consistent and reliable application. The ICF Practical Manual (use link to WHO site) is designed to help users apply the ICF in various situations.
Users are responsible for the selection and use of materials either as students or teachers.
- This portal is a collaboration involving ‘ICEducation.org’, represented by its Editorial Team, ICF education providers who make education resources available through the website, and ICF education users who may be teachers or students, or people with disabilities.
- The term ‘ICFEducation.org’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user of our website.
- Owners of the website may be contacted at email@example.com. This email must not be subject to junk or mass emails.
Copyright notice and licence to use our website
- Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
- This website therefore contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks or donated materials reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to us are acknowledged on the website.
- You may subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.:
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download content from our website;
- print pages from our website;
- stream slides, video and audio files from our website; and
- access our services by means of a web browser
- Our website may only be used for ICF or related educational purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
- Education providers offer ICF educational resources which they are entitled to provide to ICFEducation.org and which they have used and consider consistent with the ICF (WHO 2001), ICF-CY (WHO 2007), ICF2017 (WHO 2017) or other updated version sanctioned by WHO.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at users’ own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
Your content: licence
- In these terms and conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, slides, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
- You grant to us a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License regarding your content, unless otherwise specified when you share your material.
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
Registration and accounts
- You may register for a free account with our website by completing and submitting the online account registration form, which will allow you to download and share ICF-related educational resources (pending authorisation by the Editorial Team).
- If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use any of our website services, you must expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
- The following personal information may be stored by us.
- Surname / Family name
- First / forename / personal / given name
- Primary affiliation / Place of work
- Twitter handle
- LinkedIn profile
- Information held by us will not be sold or circulated or used for any purpose other than to register you as a user of the website.
User names and passwords
- If you register for an account with our website, you will be asked to choose a unique user name and password.
- Your user name must not be liable to mislead and must comply with the content rules set out in Section 7.
- You must not use your account or username for or in connection with the impersonation of any person.
- You must keep your password confidential, i.e. not allow any other person to use your account to access the website.
- You must notify us via email immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password or any unauthorised use of your account.
- You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
- You must not use any other person’s account to access the website, unless you have that person’s express permission to do so.
Acceptable use policy
- To the best of your ability, you must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- You must not:
- use our website in any way to cause damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website for the purpose of copying, storing, hosting, transmitting, sending, using, publishing or distributing any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, rootkit, keystroke logger, or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation data mining, scraping, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- In the spirit of ICF, your content will comply, where possible, with accessibility guidelines for vision, hearing and language etc.
- Your content will not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal or human rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
- Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, should be in the spirit with ICF, appropriate and not against good manners.
- ICFEducation.org does not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. Education users acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and ICFEducation.org expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time at our sole discretion; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
- From time to time, these terms and conditions may be revised.
- The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions. We will give you written notice of any revision of these terms and conditions, and the revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date that we give you such notice; if you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website.
Cancellation and suspension of account
- You may cancel your account on our website at any time using your account control panel on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a registration being cancelled.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.