This Second International Symposium: ICF Education builds on the first held in Finland in 2015. The aim is to bring together people from around the world who are using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) in clinical practice and teaching such as in interprofessional education, research or product development.
Collaboration and participation from all stakeholders is important. All participants are expected to share their experiences (whether they present an abstract or not) and learn from each other. This will not be a symposium where you can just sit back and listen. Participation is required! Accepted presentations will be posted on the ICFEducation.org website.
The date and time:
- Date: Friday 30th June 2017
- Time: 7:30 – 16:00 close
- Venue: New Somerset Hospital, Bay Court, Portswood Road, Green Point, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa (Map)
- Cost: There is no cost for registration for the symposium. Sponsorship is being sought for the cost of refreshments.
- CPD: 6 points (attendance certificate will also be provided)
Visit official symposium website & downloads:
- Webite: http://whoficsa.mrc.ac.za/index.htm
- Download this invitation and the call for abstracts as a PDF
|Registration opens:||27 February 2017|
|Abstract submission opens:||27 February 2017|
|Abstract submission deadline:||20 March 2017 @ 07:00 UTC|
|Notification of outcome:||3 April 2017|
|Registration closes:||12 June 2017, or when 150 registrations have been accepted|
Click here to view the draft programme
Click here to register for the Symposium
Submit an abstract
Click here to submit your abstract.
- WHO-FIC Collaborating Centre in South Africa at the South African Medical Research Council
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- Western Cape Government: Health
Spread the message on social media:
Please paste this link to you Facebook and Twitter profile to help spread the message:
Register now and submit your abstract for 2nd International Symposium: ICF Education (30 June 2017 in Cape Town) http://whoficsa.mrc.ac.za/index.htm
Contact the Symposium Organising Committee: